the adventure continues

December 2008: Graduated from university January 2009: started getting sick December 2009: worked on beating cancer January 2010: TBA

My Photo
Name:
Location: Seattle, WA, United States

newly minted alumnus of the Art Department at the University of Idaho; BFA in studio art, with a history minor

29.7.06

And now, the end is near

Today is essentially a free day. I slept in until noon, poked around my room looking for my keys, and went to lunch. Since I got up late, I was over due for making my daily appearance at the cafe to order a croque mssr. in garbled French.

Hey, I try, and maybe the waitress thinks it's funny. I've spent the last two hours here in the cool darkness of the internet cafe catching up on world news and web comics. Tomorrow I get on a plane in the afternoon and land in Rome in time for dinner. Hopefully the Mediterranean will ease up on the heat and let me enjoy the middle region of 'the boot' in peace (I doubt it, but I don't really go in for pessimism).

I'm looking forward to seeing the Forum, St. Peter's, and Pompeii. Of course there'll be a few other tours and a visit to the Cistine Chapel so we can goggle at Mikey's genius, too. While that is all well and good, I am really looking forward to getting back to Washington and spending a couple days sleeping and perhaps putting some time into a few mindless video games. My brain has been on overdrive with all the museums, castle excavating, and social interaction over the last month.

There are many more stories to tell about this trip, unfortunately, I don't have the time/energy/money to go into all of them here. When I get back in the States, drop me a line and we'll have coffee or something.

Be seeing you :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Gregory Turner-Rahman said...

Buon viaggio! Can't wait to hear those stories.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Kit said...

It turns out I've gotten a post-card from you, but to the wrong address! My neighbor politely e-mailed me about the mix up, but has not responded to my reply or knocks at his door. I think he must be on vacation...So you are enjoying exotic coffee creations? You lucky gent!

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'm doing this right, it's my first time blogging...weird. Anywhoo, nice site! Sounds like you're well and enjoying the adventure. Hope you have a good trip home. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more about it. Surprisingly, you really have the gift of gab, I mean what an orator!!

Take care & Love to you,
G&N

PS - Where's our postcard, dammit? :)

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home